- This event has passed.
Fluid Dynamic Osteopathy – Clinical Skills Program
October 28, 2016 @ 9:00 am - October 30, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
Clinical Skills Program 2016-2017
COURSE I: Fluids & Pressure Dynamics
This course introduces a unique approach to manual therapy. Whereas we usually work on the fascia and structure to release and balance tension, here you will learn to work directly with fluids, to achieve the same results by augmenting pressures to release and redistribute tensions in the body. Lymphatic fluid, interstitial fluid, and synovial fluid are among the “manipulatable fluids” of the body. The benefit to working therapeutically with these fluids includes faster smoother releases, direct effect on venolymphatic return, access of difficult to reach areas, and greater comfort to the patient. Subtleties of working with fluids develops and challenges the skill of palpation and perception, and therapy addressing the fluids has been called the next frontier in manual therapy, as the accompanying effects are detoxifying and regenerating in nature.
Course highlights include:
· Describe the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of the manipulatable fluids and their respective systems
· How to determine when a fluid release, fascial release, or both would be most beneficial
· Fluid treatment of the musculoskeletal system to comfortably releases joints and muscles
· Strategic fluid release of specific viscera
· Detailed assessment of fluid, including flow, direction, distance, potency, etc.
· Specific applications for: joint problems, chronic pain, inflammation, detoxification, skin conditions, anti-aging, immunity, pre & post surgical conditions, etc.