OKANAGAN FLOAT Website:
For more information on Floatation Rest Therapy
Okanagan Float Reception
Contact for Bookings or more information
Wellness Living Online Booking:
For Online Booking made easy
Like Us On Facebook for updates on Specials and interesting information about Floating @ Okanagan Float
Okanagan Float offers 3 private rooms, each unique with different styles of Float Tanks to meet your individual needs.
Our state of the art filtration and purification systems ensure the highest water quality for each and every float session. Our water is tested multiple times a day to ensure water quality and temperature.
Our Private Rooms:
The Original 1978 Samahdi II Float Pod is one of only six in the world
that is still being used today. It is now being re-loved and has been refurbished with our new, state of the art filtration and purification system offering you a one of a kind blast-from-the-past Floatation experience!
This is a wonderful, spacious float cabin. The Cabin is 4.5 X 8 and is tall enough for you to stand up inside giving you the space and the comfort for an incredible full sensory reduction float experience!
This room was designed to facilitate the needs of all. The vessel is a large float tub 5 ft X 8 ft that provides an open space for you to stretch out and float without any fear of claustrophobia, without any confinements yet with all the necessary elements of a Great Floatation therapy experience. This room is suitable for couples and is wheelchair accessible for assisted floats.
Each of our float tanks hold 11″ of clean, purified water saturated with over 1000 pounds of Epsom salt.
This creates a solution that is even more buoyant than the Dead Sea!
The water and air is kept at the average skin temperature (93.5° F).
Each private room is sound proof and, when you turn off the lights you get to experience complete relaxation floating in a safe, dark, anti-gravity environment.
Our float rooms were created for you to feel free and spacious with no pressure to completely enclose yourself. You decide the level of sensory freedom you’d like to explore as our rooms come equipped with built in audio, and LED lighting
Experience True Relief of all External Stimuli & Stress
…Take a Mini Vacation in the heart of the Beautiful Okanagan…
What is Floatation Therapy?
Since the 1980’s, Research has demonstrated that Floatation REST ( Reduced Environmental Stimulation Therapy) has a significantly more powerful relaxation response than ANY other therapy/technique known to science. Documented studies report measurable changes to heart rate, blood pressure, muscle tension, hormone balance and brainwave activity. The response is passive and happens automatically without the need for training or practice. The benefits are immediate! One of the unique features of Floatation REST is that after 10-20 minutes of floating, the THETA brain waves, which are present during deep relaxation, dreaming, meditation and hypnosis, become predominant and remain the duration of the float session. They say one hour of floating is equal to 4 hours of deep sleep!
- Decrease in Hormones Directly Associated with Stress Response ‘Fight or Flight’
- (ie. Cortisol, Epinepherin, STH)
- Optimizes the Immune System’s Function
- Promotes Release of Endorphin’s – Natural Pain Killers & Mood Lifters
- Short Term & Long Term Pain Relief of Degenerative and Chronic Nature
- Relieves the Nervous System
- Lowers Blood Pressure & Heart Rate
- Relief of Insomnia and Other Sleep Related Disorders
- Resets Sleep Cycles
- Positive Performance Enhancer
- Enhances Right Brain Impulse- Critical Part of Creating Context
- Increase of Creativity
- Effective Tool in a Weight Reduction Program
- Recovery of Jet lag symptoms
- Heightens the Senses
- Accelerates Healing
- Subdues Inflammation
- Increases Magnesium Levels
- Induces Brain Synchronization
- Improve Memory/Recall
- Detoxify the Body
- Assists with Behavior Modification ( ie. Addictive Behaviors)
- Enhances Clarity of thought, Problem Solving and Improves Memory
- Excellent Tool for Meditation- Theta Brainwaves
- Epsom salt (Magnesium Sulphate) can help regulate electrolytes in your body, ensuring proper functioning of the muscles, nerves, and enzymes.
- Magnesium is also known to be critical in the proper use of calcium, which serves as a main conductor of the electric impulses in your body.