- This event has passed.
Body Intelligence Craniosacral Therapy Course – Seminar 3 – Group B
July 12 @ 9:00 am - July 16 @ 6:00 pm
The training offers a 50 day practitioner course for individuals wanting to become qualified craniosacral therapists. The training is biodynamic in its approach orienting to the body’s natural wisdom and allowing innate intelligent processes to arise and bring about authentic change. These changes will be physiological and psycho-emotional. The body’s own priorities for change are listened for and encouraged to arise. The art of the therapist is to connect with the underlying forces of health and facilitate a process of natural reorganisation. These forces express as subtle motion of tissues and fluids that can be felt by sensitive hands. Biodynamic craniosacral therapy takes a whole-person approach to healing and the inter-connectedness of mind, body and spirit are deeply acknowledged.
Seminar 3 – whole body dynamics
Explores the phenomenon of holism. When the body communicates and moves as a whole, there is access to greater health. Looks at continuity of tissues, whole body patterns and shapes. Also looks at reciprocal motion through the body.
- Connective tissue
- The Fascial web
- Reciprocal motion in membranes
- Horizontal and transverse structures
- Whole body whole field
- Resolving whole body patterns
- Trauma models
- Hip and Shoulder Joints as key nodes in Fascial Web
- Wide perceptual fields and the Long Tide
- Practice development: skills of assessment, diagnostic baselines, language for touch, recording treatments
You will learn how to:
- Recognize how the health of the connective tissue matrix can affect the health of the whole system.
- Become familiar with assessing connective tissue health.
- Feel whole body patterns.
- Differentiate between longitudinal and transverse strains in the body – appreciating their convergence and inter-relationships.
- Recognize the qualities of dural membrane, being able to relate to the falx and tentorium as key structures for cranial health.
- Listen to the dural tube, observing dural glide as a way of assessing mobility.
The website for further information and how to register is http://www.bodyintelligence.com/vernon